Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chinese new years art projects

Chinese new years art projects

this is the year of the tiger, or will be on Feb 14, a valentines new year. So we will do a week of valentines projects and also a week of new years projects.

Here are some ideas for Chinese new years

Link to carp outline

carp windsocks for 4th and 5th, painting or resist, can we use the large manila envelopes for the carp body? will need packs of pipe cleaners

dragon puppets


dragon puppets for 2nd and 3rd



link to how to make this puppet for 6-8th

fans



and a good old lantern:
although I bet arts and crafts class will do this after school

lucky bowl or oranges....do texture rubbing first to make texture, practice cutting circles, I think a good choice for kinder and 1st


an alternative project for 4th or 5th grade is this draw a tiger lesson from art projects for kids

1 comment:

  1. I love these dragon puppets! Each year, my family and I go to see the parade at First Night in Boston. I love seeing the dragons in the parade. I'm sure my children would love to try to make these.

    ReplyDelete