Wednesday, March 3, 2010

french curves and watercolor flowers

Another old-ie but goodie from my year at Damascus. I got this from a lady that taught middle school in either Minnesota or Wisconsin. I got most of my first year lessons from her site, she was amazing. I could have sworn her last name was Max-Weber or something like that. Her site has sense disappeared and I've spent hours trying to find her/it with no avail. Sigh.
Anyway this project was done with my 8th grade students. I had them draw a rectangle in the middle of their paper and then do a close up drawing of a flower using watercolor pencils. Then around the flower I had them use french curves to create a design. They had to go in and color in parts of the french curve shapes. I'm going to do a spring advanced art class after school and this will be one of their projects.

Click on photos to see larger close up of the images.








1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful! I love the impact of the black and white border against the flower.

    ReplyDelete